March, 2020. The world sought refuge through lockdown orders prompted by COVID-19, the virus that turned the world upside-down and threatened the safety and well-being of all.
March, 2021. The world continues to grapple with the lingering effects and restrictions prompted by COVID-19. However, hope is on the horizon - a vaccine!
The Coshocton Public Library is interested in hearing about your year with COVID-19. Whether you’ve documented your experiences in writing (journal entries, poetry, short stories, letters, recipes) or have used other mediums (art, music, developing new hobbies), the Coshocton Public Library would like to hear from you!
The Coshocton Public Library would like to create a collection of COVID-19 reflections and expressions to document the local impact of COVID-19. This collection would be developed with your submissions and housed in the Local History Room at the Coshocton Public Library.
Interested in including your voice in this project? We welcome submissions from all and encourage you to reference the submission guidelines for more information.
Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, June 30, 2021, and the following submission methods will be accepted:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preferred method of submission
- In person at the Coshocton Public Library
- In person submissions should be made to the main library location in Coshocton.
- By mail
- Mailed submissions should be sent to Adult Services Department ℅ Coshocton Public Library, 655 Main Street, Coshocton, OH 43812. Should you wish for your submission to be returned to you, please include a self-addressed, postage paid envelope.
- Suggested length of 2,000 words or less
- Highlights from lengthier selections are recommended.
- Submissions must be original works; no copyrighted material
Submissions of Other Expression
- Suggested photo format of .jpeg or .pdf
- Submissions must be original works; no copyrighted or licensed imagery
- Suggested video length of less than 30 minutes and under 1 GB; MP4 format preferred
- Submissions must be original works; no copyrighted music or licensed imagery
The Coshocton Public Library will review all submissions and may contact the originator with questions.
Questions about submissions should be directed to email@example.com.
When it is safe to do so, the Coshocton Public Library plans to host an open-forum in which contributors to the project may share their contributions. More details to follow at a later date!