Attention all OverDrive app users: The Overdrive app is being retired by its creator, meaning it will no longer be updated or supported in the near future. All OverDrive app users should plan to switch to the Libby app* by the end of 2022 to continue accessing free eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines with your Coshocton Public Library card.
Current OverDrive app users can continue to use the app until further notice, however it has been removed from the App Store, Google Play, and the Microsoft Store. We encourage all OverDrive app users to make the switch to the Libby app as soon as possible to enjoy its easy-to-use interface.
- Which features are available in Libby that are not available in the OverDrive app?
- Easy onboarding for new users
- A unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Support for multiple library cards
- Direct user support from OverDrive
- A best-in-class eBook reader that supports comics, magazines, and read-alongs
- Push notifications for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more
- Same look and feel on both Android and iOS devices
- Ability to export notes and highlights
- Tags to track favorite reads, wish lists, and more
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay (Note: Android Auto is supported in both apps.)
- Sonos speaker integration
- Support for “Extras,” including streaming video services, educational courses, and more
*For Kindle Fire users, use the following directions to download the Libby app to your device: The Libby App for Kindle Fire Tablets | by OverDrive.
Need additional help?
Contact us or stop into the Coshocton Public Library for in-person assistance with switching to Libby.
Check out the “Getting Started with Libby” step-by-step directions.